1,547 total views
In this article we will look into the most interesting and useful article which allows us to generate the DAT file for the Business Object with lines of data that failed in the current run.
Want to learn Fusion Technical tools? Checkout this article
If you are new to HCM Data Loader, please go through the articles below before reading further to understand better:
- Basics of HCM Data Loader in Fusion
- Sample CostAllocationAccountV3.dat HDL file
- Configuring HCM Data Loader Parameters
- Defining Source System Owner for HCM Data Loader
- SET Operations on HDL file in Fusion
- SQL Query to get Supervisor Change HDL for Assignment
- Cancel an existing Work Relationship using HDL for employees
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- New Deadline for Payroll Batch Loader 20D Nov 2020
- Generate HDL file for failed business object Lines
- Resolving Assignment Name and Job Name not in sync issue
- Useful Excel to HDL DAT File Converter
- SQL Query to get Scheduled Process Job History
- Invoke HCM Data Loader using SOAP Service
- Send notifications to users to reset password using HDL
- Update Source Keys using HDL for business objects
- Top 50 HCM Data Loader Interview Questions
- How to ROLLBACK Element Entry HDL Load?
- Basics of HDL Transformation Formula – Part 1
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- How to use escape and new line characters in HDL file
- HDL transformation Formula Flow changes in 20C
- HDL Transformation Formula using HSDL Template for UDT Load
Let’s look into the configuration that needs to be done to activate this feature.
Navigate to Setup and Maintenance > Configure HCM Data Loader
Change the parameter “Enable File Generation for Failed File Lines” value to “Enable Failed Lines” and click save.
Now go back to the HCM Data Loader screen at My Client Groups > Data Exchange > Import and Load Data and load a business object with some intentional errors
I have added bad SetCode for a Job and here is how the file looks like:
METADATA|Job|EffectiveStartDate|EffectiveEndDate|JobCode|SetCode|Name|ActiveStatus MERGE|Job|1951/01/01|4712/12/31|TEST1|COMMON|03-Marketing Executive|A MERGE|Job|1951/01/01|4712/12/31|TEST2|TEST|03-Marketing Manager|A
I have loaded this Job.zip and as expected the first row got loaded successfully and the second row failed.
Now, let’s generate the failed HDL file by clicking the “Extract Failed lines” button after selecting the Job.zip row.
Once we click on that “Extract Failed Lines“, a scheduled process (General HCM Data Loader Files for Data That Failed to Load) will be submitted..
Click Refresh on the same screen and wait till the Failed Lines File gets successful.
Once successful it shows the Download Icon using which we can download the zip file generated. Click on the Download icon. File gets downloaded with ErrFile_Job.zip (ErrFile_<original zip file name>.zip)
And the file has the contents like below as expected.
COMMENT This file contains the Job.dat file lines from data set Job.zip that failed to load successfully. METADATA|Job|EffectiveStartDate|EffectiveEndDate|JobCode|SetCode|Name|ActiveStatus MERGE|Job|1951/01/01|4712/12/31|TEST2|TEST|03-Marketing Manager|A
It helps very much when we are trying to load bulk data for Worker/Element Entries where we used to filter out successful rows and build the dat file for failed rows.
References: Oracle 20B Features Documentation
Tip: Even if the business object like worker file has multiple parent and child rows, if a single child row errors out, then complete employee record will not get loaded and hence the complete employee record will appear on the output file.
Latest posts by Sricharan Monigari (see all)
- Renaming HCM Extracts is a possibility from 20D - November 24, 2020
- Sangam20 – Oracle Users Group Conference - November 23, 2020
- Passing Parameter values from Flow Instance to HDL Transformation Formula - November 23, 2020
- Solve manual FTP server update issue for HCM Extracts post every P2T refresh - November 16, 2020