In this article we will look into how to load the Person Names in local language and global languages.
Let’s get into details.
Person names are captured only in global language (English) in our Fusion instance and it is required without which we will not be able to load the local language names. However, if client need to capture both local and global name languages then we can use a template to load bulk data in your environment. It is not required to create a Descriptive flex fields for storing these local names.
Pre-requisite for this local names is installation of the respective language packs.
If we set NameType as GLOBAL then system will take English. Alternatively, in NameType mention your local language short code Example:
Table of Contents
Sample HDL for loading Global Names for a Person:
Sample HDL for loading Local Names for the same person in other languages (Only after loading the Global Name):
METADATA|PersonName|EffectiveStartDate|EffectiveEndDate|PersonNumber|LegislationCode|NameType|FirstName|MiddleNames|LastName|Title|CharSetContext MERGE|PersonName|2020/01/01||123456|AR|AR|ساتيش||موثو|Mr.|AR MERGE|PersonName|2020/01/01||123456|CH|CH|沙沙語||木戶|Mr.|CH
These files needs to be saved as Worker.dat and uploaded to the HCM Data Loader.
Once the above loads are complete, if we login with a different language as default we should be able to see the local language names.
HDL Template for Global and Local Names
Hope this has helped you learn a new thing today.
Thank you Satish Muthuswamy for coming up with this interesting article.
If you have similar content and want to share with wider audience and get featured on Fusion HCM Knowledgebase, please reach out to me on LinkedIn or Telegram.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM