In this article we will look into the most frequently asked interview questions on BI Publisher Reports.
If you haven’t gone through the BI Publisher related posts, have a look at them to get most of the answers for the questions listed below.
Interview Questions on BI Publisher Reports:
- Can we create multiple data sets which aren’t inter dependent in BI Reports?
- Can we create bursting query to burst the complete output to single FTP server without splitting by any key?
- Can we use before or after triggers in BI Report in Fusion?
- Can we write Non-Standard SQL in BI Report and what’s the advantage of it?
- Can we use an attribute selected in one dataset in another dataset?
- What is the difference between Split by and Deliver by fields while setting up bursting?
- How to turn off the auto-run for BI Reports?
- Can we achieve dependent parameter lookup for BI prompts?
- Can we make an input file required on BI Report?
- Can we get the BI output in .csv format by using a custom template without input values getting shown on the .csv file?
- In which cases do we use rtf/etext and excel templates?
- If we use excel template can we get the output on the interactive viewer online when we run the report?
- Can we get excel output in multiple worksheets split by department/business unit if there is a requirement?
- Is it possible to generate an excel output with different tabs using rtf template?
- Can we show person images on BI Report?
- Can we create master detail BI reports with one linking to another using an hyperlink?
- Can we use deep links in BI Report and pass parameters to navigate to that page directly when an employee/manager receives an email using bursting?
- Can we create BI Report which produces output in HDL format so that it can be loaded directly on HDL without any modifications to it?
- Can we add the BI Reports to Dashboard? How does the BI prompts work?
- Can we generate an encrypted output from BI Report?
- Is it possible to upload the output of BI Report to UCM?
- How to add dynamic date parameters to BI Report parameters?
- Can we run the reports from Payroll flow?
- Can we change the default timeout settings of BI Publisher report?
- Can we retrieve the XML output of the BI Report which is scheduled? If yes how to retrieve it?
- How to enable diagnostic log for BI Reports?
- What are session variables and how to use them in BI Report?
- Can we achieve QR code in BI Report?
- Is it possible to add digital signature to BI Report?
- Can we create multi-lingual reports in BI Publisher?
- How to customize seeded templates? Will the seeded template also change when we change the custom template?
- How to set custom permissions to BI Report?
- How to set custom scheduling of BI Report to schedule on alternate days and skip on first and last day of month?
- What’s the use of schedule triggers in BI Report?
- If a schedule trigger is setup on one data model, can we use it to schedule another report as well?
- Can we invoke BI Report using web services?
- What is the output format of BI Report when you run it using web services?
- Can we add BI Report as hyperlink to the navigator and hide the BI catalog, headers and other options?
- Can we create Job and Job Set for executing multiple BI Reports at once?
- Can we create dynamic password pdf and excel output using BI Report?
- Can we get the CLOB fields in html format on the BI output?
- Can we create audit report for Business object changes?
- Can we audit the BI Report and check which report was run by which user and when?
- Can we create PDF templates with form fields and use it to fill information using BI Reports?
- Can we use flex fields on BI Reports?
- Can we use an excel file as data source in BI Reports? Can we map the excel field to another data set field to get the output?
- Is it possible to use web service as input to data model?
- Can we get the zipped pdfs directly from BI Report without using any additional coding outside of BI?
- How to use caching feature in BI Reports and is it advisable to use it every time?
- What is the usage of XSL style sheets and how do they work with BI Reports?
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM
Can you pls post the answers for this?
Sure. Will try to post them some time in the future.. I would be happy if some audience take time to answer these and reach out to me. For HDL Questions, Phani has come up with the answers, I have verified and updated the answers..