In this article, we will look into how to send emails to users to reset the password using HDL data load.
We will use the User.dat HDL file to achieve this functionality.
The USER object can be used to perform the following actions for an Oracle HCM Cloud user account:
- Create requests to update a user name, suspend a user, or activate a user.
- Create a request to add or remove a single role for a user.
- Directly update the CredentialsEmailSent value in the PER_USERS table.
- Create a request to create a user account for the specified person number.
In order to send the notification email to be sent to users, We have to set the CredentialsEmailSent and Suspended flags to N.
Table of Contents
CredentialsEmailSent Flag Description:
This value indicates whether the user’s account and password credentials e-mail have been sent. Valid values are Y and N, where Y indicates that the user credentials have already been sent.
Various scenarios exist where you may want to control when and whether the user name and password credentials are sent to users. For example, you may be implementing Oracle Fusion Applications for only a subset
of your user population. In this case, you may want to set the CredentialsEmailSent attribute so that only that subset of users receives their credentials.
Alternatively, you may have sent the credentials e-mail by mistake and want to reset this value so that credentials are sent again for particular users.
To reset user passwords, you run the Send User Name and Password E-Mail Notifications process. Before doing so, you can set CredentialsEmailSent to N to ensure that each user is notified of the new password. If the user account currently has a value of Y, then no e-mail will be sent.
Suspended Flag Description:
- Specify Y to create a request to suspend the user account.
- Specify N to create a request to activate the user account
Sample User.dat file:
METADATA|User|PersonNumber|CredentialsEmailSent|Suspended MERGE|User|12345|N|N MERGE|User|23456|N|N
This DAT file will update the CredentialsEmailSent and Suspended flags to N for these employees.
After this HDL load is complete, we need to run the below post-processes from Scheduled Processes screen in the same sequence.
- “Send Pending LDAP Requests”
- “Send User Name and Password E-Mail Notifications” – This process will trigger email notifications to the users who are set with CredentialsEmailSent as N and then updates this flag to Y.
Send Credentials email notification or resend the welcome mail
To send the credentials email notification or resend the welcome mail, need to follow the below steps:
1. Use the CredentialsEmailSent flag to No in User.dat HDL for the employees we want to send notifications to.
2. Run the schedule process “Send User Name and Password E-Mail Notifications“
Stop credential email notification or sending welcome mail
To Stop credential email notification or sending welcome mail for the employees, need to follow the below steps:
1. Use the CredentialsEmailSent flag to Yes in User.dat HDL for the employees we want to stop notifications.
2. Run the schedule process “Send User Name and Password E-Mail Notifications” which will send a notification to only Employees with CredentialsEmailSent set to N
- Send Email Notifications to Users to Reset Password within Oracle Fusion HCM (Doc ID 2469550.1)
- HCM Data Loader: Loading User Update Requests (Doc ID 2089377.1)
Tip: HSDL can also be used to update the CredentialsEmailSent flag for users instead of using the user.dat HDL file. Executing the post processes will still remain the same even if we use HSDL.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM