In this article we will look into how to ROLLBACK the Element Entry HDL data load.
Normally we cannot rollback whatever data that has been loaded using HDL. However from 19D, Oracle has introduced this feature for Element Entry Business Object. Currently this is the only Business Object which supports the ROLLBACK feature.
If you use HDL Transformation Formula, and use the “Load data from File” payroll flow, even then we can ROLLBACK the entries for Element Entries Business Object only. For other Business Objects the Rollback feature isn’t enabled at this point. However Oracle is working on adding this feature for other Business Objects as well.
Let’s look into how to use this feature now
We will first look into the process to ROLLBACK data set from Import and Load data screen.
Now we will have to click under Total Objects for the dataset that needs to be ROLLED BACK.
It shows the details of the rows that have been loaded on this screen. I have hidden the key and source id keys for confidentiality. We need to click on Schedule Request button at the right top.
In the popup, we need to select the Action of Roll Back and click submit to initiate the Rollback process.
Once the submit is clicked, a process will be submitted to rollback the new element entries created by the respective data set. You can check the status of the process on the same screen by clicking Refresh.
If you try the same option for other business objects, we don’t get the Rollback option.
Now let’s check the process if we have loaded the data using the HDL Transformation formula and the flow “Load Data from File“.
To roll back your element entry data, on the Payroll Flow page, select the Initiate Data Loader flow. Select Mark as Incomplete from the Actions menu. In the Warning dialog box, click Continue. The application rolls back the newly created element entries.
NOTE: The ROLLBACK feature will only rollback the newly created Element Entries. It will not rollback the updates done to existing element entries and the deletes to element entries. It’s not a complete ROLLBACK of everything.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM