In this article, we will look into the new feature of capturing the Consumer/System and Vendor information while creating an HCM Extract.
ADD VENDOR NAME OR EXTERNAL SYSTEM NAME IN EXTRACTS DEFINITIONS
We can now include the vendor name or the external system to which the HCM Extracts generated data is being sent to or interfaced within the Consumer field of Create Definition page. We can also add additional details in the Additional Details field to capture names of the systems or vendors when extract definitions are created, copied, or imported.
Capturing the vendor name or the external system with which the data is interfaced with enables Oracle to study the integration patterns and requirements from our customers. This, in turn, allows us to simplify the process of extract creation and definition by delivering pre-defined templates that meet specific requirements.
Delivering templates will additionally enable optimized and efficient runs of such extracts improving the overall user experience.
TIPS AND CONSIDERATIONS
– Additional Details field does not appear when we select Report in Consumer.
– Consumer field has a list of values and when the system or consumer name is not found in the list, provide the name in the Additional Details field.
– Consumer and Additional Details fields do not appear for the extract type Archive Retrieval.
– When we select Report in Consumer it indicates that the extract is meant for reporting purposes and that the data is not interfaced with any external system.If you like the content, please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to get updated with the latest content.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM