Many a times we get errors when we run HCM Extract and one of the common errors is “A system error occurred during processing. Contact your help desk” and it does not show up any other clue on why the extract is failing.
If we dig into details and add the GMFZT logging at system level and run the extract again we will get the log file where we can check the issue details. Click here for details on how to setup logging for hcm extract
Excerpt from log file:
“Failure: Due to oracle.xdo.server.ReportException: oracle.xdo.servlet.CreateException: java.lang.SecurityException: Security violation: , user: fusion_apps_hcm_ess_appid, permission: 192”
What this message means is that the user fusion_apps_hcm_ess_appid should have access to the BI Report in the BI Catalog. If this user doesn’t have access to the BI Report, the extract will fail.
Navigate to the BI Catalog path of BI Report
Click on More > Permissions
Add permissions for the username FUSION_APPS_HCM_ESS_APPID
Along with the access for the above username, we also need to provide access to the below roles:
Manage HCM Extract Definition Report
Run HCM Extracts Report
Now run the extract again. The extract will run to success.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me by posting in comments section.
If you are interested in learning Fusion Technical tools go through this post
If you liked the article, please share it with your friends/ colleagues/ teammates or anyone who might also benefit from it.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thanks Bro, it helped me a lot.