In this article we will look into the option of getting the output in zip file format from BI Report.
Most of the times we use the pdf/excel/txt outputs from BI Publisher. However if there is a need to generate a Zipped file with PDF output in that folder, then we can achieve it using RTF template.
This feature of Zipped PDFs is applicable only for RTF template and with etext and excel templates we cannot achieve this functionality.
Navigate to BI Catalog and edit the Report to which you want to add this functionality.
Select the Checkbox for “Zipped PDFs” in the output formats dropdown and then select the “Default Format” as “Zipped PDFs”.
We can see that the default format is set to Zipped PDFs. Now save the Report and click “View Report”.
It will download the zip file once the report is successful.
If we open the zip file we can see the output PDF in it.
When the output is too huge in size, the output will come up in multiple pdfs and then compressed and zipped into a single zip file so that the size of the zip file will be less and can be easily downloaded. The other files in the zip file – index.html and index.xml will contain the index of files.
Tip: Use this zipped pdf functionality when you have to send huge data generated by report to multiple users in email. Email will get hung if huge pdfs are sent. As this feature will compress and zip it, the size will be less.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM