In this article we will look into resolving the time out error for BI Publisher reports.
The default limit set at BI server level for time out is 500 sec.
However we can override this time out limit setting for individual reports at the data model level.
Open the Data Model from BI Catalog.
Click on Properties tab:
Set the Query Time out to 1000000 – It will increase the time out for this specific report only.
set Enable SQL Pruning to “On” – SQL pruning enhances performance by fetching only the columns that are used in the report layout/template. Columns that are defined in the query but are not used in the report are not fetched
Once these changes are done, save the data model and run it again.
Now the issue should be resolved.
Tip: The settings at the Data Model will not have any impact on the other reports. For other reports the server level setting of 500 sec will work. Override will apply only to the specific Data Model.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM