One of the missing piece in BI Publisher earlier was the password protection for Excel 2007 Output and it has been introduced in 18c update.
Earlier password protection was possible for PDF output only and there have been a number of bugs and enhancements pending around the feasibility for password protection for Excel Output. And finally Oracle has worked on this and released this feature in 18c release.
Now, we will look at the steps to enable this feature for BI Reports:
Navigate to Reports and Analytics
Navigate to BI Report
Once the password is set, click ok and save the report.
Now run the report and download the excel output..
When you open the excel sheet, it will prompt us to enter the password which has been set at the report level.
For now, we cannot create dynamic passwords using the SQL Query added to the data set like we create dynamic password PDF output files.
Hope the dynamic password will also be enabled by Oracle in next releases.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me by posting in comments section.
If you are interested in learning Fusion Technical tools go through this post
If you liked the article, please share it with your friends/ colleagues/ teammates or anyone who might also benefit from it.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM