In this article we will look at how to schedule and cancel an existing schedule of HCM Extract.
If you haven’t gone through the basics of HCM Extract, please have a look by clicking here
Table of Contents
Scheduling an HCM Extract:
Navigate to Payroll > Checklist or
My Client Groups > Data Exchange > Submit Extracts
Search for the extract and click Next
Submit Extracts Screen:
General Information:This section provides the general information of the extract being scheduled
Extract Name: Name of the extract being scheduled.
Extract Instance Name: Payroll Flow instance name for the schedule.
Criteria: This section defines the input parameters required for the extract to run.
Criteria can be defaulted in the Refine Extracts or Payroll Flow Patterns screens. We will look into more details in another article.
Schedule:This section provides information on the schedule frequency
Timetable: This field defines if the schedule is going to be a one time run (As soon as Possible) or a recurring run (Using a schedule).
Frequency:This field defines the frequency of the extract run. Valid options are Once/ Daily/ Weekly/ Monthly/ Fast Formula. However there is also a provision to create ad-hoc schedules using Fast Formula which is going to be topic for another article. This is valid only for the “Using a schedule” type of schedules.
Start Date: Start Date and Time of the schedule. By Default this shows the UTC timezone unless it is overridden by user in user preferences. If the time is showing incorrectly, please update the user preferences to the right timezone or convert the time from your timezone to UTC timezone. This is valid only for the “Using a schedule” type of schedules.
End Date: End Date and Time of the schedule. By Default this shows the UTC timezone unless it is overridden by user in user preferences. If the time is showing incorrectly, please update the user preferences to the right timezone or convert the time from your timezone to UTC timezone. This is valid only for the “Using a schedule” type of schedules.
Once you provide all of this information, you can click on submit to start the schedule.
We can check the schedule details under Payroll > Checklist screen.
Cancelling Existing HCM Extract Schedule:
We can cancel the existing schedule of HCM Extract using the below steps:
- Login with the User who has scheduled the HCM Extract. This is an important step as we will be able to cancel the schedule only using the user who has cancelled the existing schedule, else we won’t be able to cancel it. Use Internet explorer browser for logging in as I have seen issues with unable to cancel schedule using other browsers.
- Navigate to Payroll > Checklist and search for the schedule.
- Select the row and click on Actions Button. This Actions button won’t popup in other browsers easily. We will have to try clicking it multiple times. In Internet explorer this button would work fine atleast in a couple of attempts.. This is a real time experience i have seen for many users.
- Now you can select the option as per the requirement:
- “Cancel Flow and Recurring Schedule” to delete the extract run for this flow and any future dated schedules.
- “Cancel Recurring Schedule” to delete only the future dated schedules leaving the current extract run instance.
If you aren’t able to login with the scheduled user, due to that specific person leaving the organization or due to some other issue like he/she is on long leave, then you can run the below SQL Query.
SQL Query to get the Process ID of the scheduled process:
select r.call_id ,fti.flow_instance_id,ft.base_flow_task_name,rh.requestedstart,f.flow_name,fi.instance_name,r.call_type,fi.status from pay_flow_task_instances fti , pay_flow_tasks_vl ft , pay_requests r , ESS_REQUEST_HISTORY rh , pay_flow_instances fi , pay_flows_vl f where ft.base_flow_task_id = fti.base_flow_task_id and r.flow_task_instance_id = fti.flow_task_instance_id and r.call_type = 'FLOW_ESS' and ft.base_flow_task_name = 'START_FLOW' and rh.requestid = r.call_id and fti.flow_instance_id = fi.flow_instance_id and fi.base_flow_id = f.base_flow_id --and f.flow_name = 'XYZ%' -- Extract Name and fi.instance_name like 'XYZ%' -- Extract Flow Instance Name order by requestedstart desc
In the above query modify the instance name with the actual instance name of the extract flow which is in scheduled status. You can get it from Payroll > Checklist.
Once you get the Call_id, navigate to Tools > Scheduled Processes
Input the Call_id in the Process_ID and click search. The process will be in wait status.. select it and click on End process. Which should cancel the scheduled extract.
Tip: Once you cancel the existing schedule, you can’t re-activate it again. Make sure you are cancelling the right schedule especially when there are multiple integrations