In this article we will look into one of the interesting feature that we have been waiting for since many releases i.e renaming HCM Extracts.
Earlier we cannot rename the extracts nor delete the extracts if they have been run atleast once. Only possibility was to inactivate the old version of extracts and create a new version and use it.
Now, Oracle has introduced the rename feature for HCM Extracts from 20D. Let’s look into how to do it.
Let’s navigate to My Client Groups > Data Exchange > Extract Definitions.
Search for the extract which needs to be renamed.
Here, I am trying to rename the “Test Extract” extract to “SM_Test” extract. Oracle has introduced the rename option in the Copy button. Just select the “Rename” radio button and provide a new name to the extract.
Once we click OK, the extract will be renamed.
Initially I have faced issues with this feature and it started working all of a sudden. Not sure if Oracle has fixed the issue recently.
This is one of the most helpful feature else we will have to maintain the versions and every time we will have to cancel the existing schedules and re-create the schedules for the latest version.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM