In this article we will look into setting up Payroll Process Configuration Groups and SQL Query to extract data.
Want to learn Fusion Technical tools? Check out the article
We use the Payroll Process Configuration groups while submitting HCM Extracts. These Configuration groups specify the multi threading count, BI output maximum size, GMFZT logging etc.
We can navigate to this page from Payroll > Quick Actions > Manage Payroll Process Configuration
A sample Process Configuration looks like below.
We can have multiple process configuration groups one for each purpose. While submitting the process we should input the desired payroll process configuration group.
We normally create a multi threading parameter for a custom Payroll Process Configuration Group and set it to multiples of 8 up to 24 depending on the POD sizing and use it on the submit Extracts screen to run the HCM Extracts in parallel improving the performance. The parameter name for this would be ‘Threads Determines the total number of sub-processes that run under the concurrent manager. Default:1; Minimum:1”
If you want to extract all payroll process configuration groups using SQL Query, you can use the below query to get the data:
SELECT PG.ACTION_PARAM_GROUP_NAME ,PV.PARAMETER_NAME ,PV.PARAMETER_VALUE FROM PAY_ACTION_PARAM_GROUPS PG ,PAY_ACTION_PARAM_VALUES PV WHERE PG.ACTION_PARAM_GROUP_ID = PV.ACTION_PARAM_GROUP_ID ORDER BY PG.ACTION_PARAM_GROUP_NAME
Tip: You can define multiple Payroll Process Configuration groups for different purposes. One for running extracts and one for input data loads using transformation formulas, one for running payroll processes etc.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM