We have requirement to upload/download the files from UCM/to UCM regularly when you are dealing with inbound files/outbound files. Oracle CoE (Center of Excellence) team has provided a small java utility to do this at ease.
You can download the Oracle HCM COE – UCM Utility package from here.
Once you download the zip file, you can extract the files and use the utility provided.
You can find that there are multiple folders.. some of them store the config information, java code which you can use to automate the ucm process and finally a jar file which we are going to use to demonstrate the upload and download capability.
Open the ucm-document-transfer-utility-tool.jar and the screen will look like below:
In the URL, provide the URL like below:
Input the User ID and Password and click save to save the profile.
Once these details are filled in, we are good to go to the next tab Upload.
Fill in the Doc Title, Account and browse the file that you want to load.. Content ID is optional, if it is not provided, it will create a new Content ID else it will override the existing Content ID with the new file.
Finally Click Upload to upload the file.
We will verify on the Content Server if the file has been uploaded or not.
Now we will try to download the file using the same jar file using the “Search, Download and Delete” tab.
Input the Content ID and click on search..
Select the Content ID from the results screen and click on Download..
It will download the file to the Output folder..
If you want to delete the file, just click on Delete and it will delete the file from UCM.
Oracle doesn’t support any issues with this tool if you raise an SR.
This tool is provided by Oracle CoE team.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me by posting in comments section.
If you are interested in learning Fusion Technical tools go through this post
If you liked the article, please share it with your friends/ colleagues/ teammates or anyone who might also benefit from it.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM