In this article we will look into how to convert the Pending Worker to Employee using HDL file.
We will first look at the Pending Worker.
Navigate to My Client Groups > New Person > New Person Dashboard
We will try to convert the Pending Worker with Person Number 4175 into Employee.
Using HDL we can update the Include for Automatic Conversion Flag to Yes for this employee and then we need to run a scheduled process that will auto convert this pending worker to the employee.
Table of Contents
Worker HDL file for converting Pending Worker to Employee
METADATA|WorkRelationship|PersonNumber|ActionCode|LegalEmployerName|DateStart|WorkerType|PrimaryFlag|ReadyToConvert MERGE|WorkRelationship|4175|ADD_PEN_WKR|US1 Legal Entity|2018/10/01|P|Y|Y
We need to include the ReadyToConvert flag of ‘Y’ for the Include for Automatic Conversion Flag to be set to Yes. We need to use the Person Number User Key on the WorkRelationship Business object to update the flag.
Once you load this HDL, the flag will be set to Yes.
Now, let’s check the status on the New Person Dashboard
We can see that the flag to convert is set to Yes.
Scheduled Process to convert Pending Worker to Employee
Now we need to run the process “Run Convert Pending Workers Automatically Process” which actually converts the pending workers to employees.
Navigate to Tools > Scheduled Processes
Next we can provide the parameters for this process if we specifically want to convert a set of pending workers.
The process will only convert the pending workers who meet the criteria set on the input parameters.
Wait for the process to complete and check the New Person Dashboard and the Pending worker record shouldn’t appear there and we can find the details on Person Management screen as an employee.
Now, Let’s check the Person Management screen
We can see that that the pending worker has been converted to employee.
The pending worker record will be terminated with Proposed Start Date – 1 and the Employee will be active from Proposed Start Date.If you like the content, please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to get updated with the latest content.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM