In this article we will look into how to get the information on the subject areas for HCM and also check which Job Roles/Duty Roles are required to access the subject areas. Finally we will end the article with the list of seeded BI/OTBI/Workflow reports that are present in HCM POD.
Subject Areas (SA) is the main building block for OTBI reports. Depending on our requirement we need to search for the appropriate SA and use it to build the analytic that we are looking for. Now the question is how do we get the information on the list of available subject areas and where can we find the description of the subject areas.
Subject Area Information:
Oracle has made our life easier by documenting the list of all subject areas and a short description of what it contains. Here is the link:
Let’s look a sample Subject Area “Payroll – Element Entries Real Time” and check what info is provided on the documentation.
If you need more details on the fields and need Subject Area to database lineage document then refer to the below article:
Seeded HCM Reports:
Oracle has also provided us with the list of all seeded reports that we can refer if there is a requirement to modify them.
This excel sheet has four tabs:
For other modules, please refer the Oracle link – https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/saas/business-intelligence/index.html
Hope this information would be useful for you when you have to deal with subject areas and seeded BI/OTBI analytics.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM