In this article we will look into setting the default preferences for all users in that instance.
For any instance, by default the timezone that is shown for all users is UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and all the datetime fields will be stored in the database tables in UTC timezone only.
Even if the user overrides the timezone setting in user preferences, he/she will see the dates in their local timezone on the application, but still the datetime is stored in the database tables in UTC timezone only.
Administrator has the access to override the default settings for the below attributes:
- Display Name
- Date Format
- Time Format
- Number Format
Table of Contents
How to set the default settings for all users:
Login to application using a super user access.
Navigate to Setup and Maintenance > Search >
Search for the task “Set User General Preferences“
These are the default settings. Now the administrator has access to override these settings. Ex: we want to set the settings to Indian context.
Similarly we can modify if to the client local settings based on the region the client is based out of.
We have a check box “Reset preferences for new users only“. If we check this box and save it, then the preferences will apply only to the new users who get created post the settings are changed. If this check box is not selected, then all users will have these default preferences applied unless the user has overridden the settings at user level.
Now, we will see how a user can override these settings.
How to override the default settings for the loggedin user:
Once the user is logged in, we can click on the Username at the top right corner and select the Set Preferences.
Here we can set the user level preferences and click save for them to take effect.
Tip: The user preferences override the default settings set by the administrator. However administrator preferences are applied to all users if they don’t have overrides defined.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM