In this post, we will look into hiding the input parameters on BI Report for user prompt even though they have been defined at data model level.
We will define the input parameters at the Data Model level and when we associate the Data Model to BI Report, the BI Report inherits the input parameters from Data Model and shows us the prompt when we run the BI Report.
Let’s see a sample data model with multiple input parameters:
We can see that this Data Model has three input parameters.
Now let’s navigate to BI Report and let’s default both Person number and Assignment Number to “All” value so we will be left only with the Effective Date parameter.
Click on Edit for BI Report. Click on the Parameters button at right top.
Uncheck the show checkbox for Person Number and Assignment Number parameters and add default value of “All” to both. We can select any default value and the report will run based on the default value we select on this screen. Click OK and save the Report.
Now click on view Report
As we have hidden the Person Number and Assignment Number, we can only see the Effective Date parameter when we try to run the report.
This feature can be used if you want to provide a different version of report to different users, however you can reuse the same datamodel for all reports. Ex: You can default the legal entity and hide it and create BI Reports for each legal entity and you can give access to end users by legal entity.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me by posting in comments section.
If you are interested in learning all Fusion Technical tools go through this article.
If you liked the article, please share it with your friends/ colleagues/ teammates or anyone who might also benefit from it.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM