In this article, let’s look into the most frequently faced error while importing old catalog files into the BI publisher. Recently there was an update to the BI Publisher version on all PODs and the old catalog files when unarchived post update will not work as-is. They will give an error like below:
I am not too sure if Oracle has provided a solution for it, however based on multiple tries, we were able to find one.
Once we unarchive the report/OTBI/folder, click on More > Properties for that folder.
Then click on Set Ownership of this item and all subitems hyperlink.
Based on the number of reports in the folder, it will take time to popup with a success message.
Click OK twice to get back to the screen.
Next, Click on More > Permissions and set to Full Control for your user and click the checkboxes “Apply permissions to sub-folders” and “Apply permissions to items within folder” and click OK.
Once we are done with these two steps, we are good to open the report and it should run successfully as seen below:
Hope this helps when you have to import an old catalog file which you thought you cannot import/use post the BI Publisher update to 12c.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM