818 total views
In this article we will look into the links to the Oracle Documentation which are very useful to the developers or end users.
Want to learn Fusion Technical tools? Checkout this article
First we will look into the Tables and Views Documentation available. For every release 20A, 20B, 20C, etc Oracle releases the list of tables and views with the updated list of tables (some tables could be added/modified). The tables and views links are listed module wise and each pillar (HCM/ERP/SCM/PPM/CX) has different links. Apart from these multi pillar links we also have Common Features links which are common across all pillars like lookups, valuesets, messages, FND tables etc.
We will look into the links specific to HCM for the latest release in this article. The below links are specific to release, however you can modify the release name in the link and if the documentation is available for that release it will take you to that link.
- 1 Tables and Views for Common Features 20B
- 2 Tables and Views for Oracle HCM Cloud 20A
- 3 REST APIs for Common Features 20A
- 4 REST APIs for Oracle HCM Cloud 20B
- 5 SOAP Webservices for Common Features 20B
- 6 SOAP Webservices for HCM Cloud 20B
- 7 Oracle Human Resources Cloud 20B Documentation
- 8 Oracle Human Resources Cloud 20B Video titbits
- 9 Cloud Readiness – Oracle HCM Cloud -Documentation – All Releases from 19A
- 10 Cloud Readiness – Common Features Documentation – All Releases from 19A
- 11 Cloud Readiness – Oracle Common Technologies and UX Documentation – All Releases from 19A
- 12 Cloud Readiness – Workforce Rewards Documentation
- 13 Cloud Readiness – Workforce Management Documentation
Tables and Views for Common Features 20B
Tables and Views for Oracle HCM Cloud 20A
REST APIs for Common Features 20A
REST APIs for Oracle HCM Cloud 20B
SOAP Webservices for Common Features 20B
SOAP Webservices for HCM Cloud 20B
Oracle Human Resources Cloud 20B Documentation
You can find the details on Fast Formulas, Payroll Flows, Security, implementation etc in this link and you have an option to download the documentation as well in PDF format.
Oracle Human Resources Cloud 20B Video titbits
Apart from the above links, we can also find the cloud readiness features in every release. You can actually look into the upcoming features before even upgrading your POD to the latest release.
Cloud Readiness – Oracle HCM Cloud -Documentation – All Releases from 19A
You can click on the release that you are interested to get to know more details on it. The Document section also lists if there are any ad-hoc maintenance packs available in the interim with the fixes to the known issues that might have come up in the latest release. You can also check the creation and last updated dates of these documentation to ensure you are looking at the right content and the right release.
Let’s click on 20B and it will open up a new link where we can check the new features
We can see the list of new features listed along with tick marks on which features are available by default without the end users taking any action and the features available by end users with some action taken.
We also have an option to download all these features into excel sheet by clicking on the excel icon. It will be helpful for the testing team when they do regression testing for all these features and check if their existing functionality is working perfectly or not.
When you click on any of the features listed in the above image, it will take you to the more details section where even snapshots are included with details of the feature. I have clicked on the first feature and it takes me to this screen.
Cloud Readiness – Common Features Documentation – All Releases from 19A
Let’s check the new features in 20B to get an idea.
We can see there are many new features that have got added to HCM Data Loader. I have done a POC and documented one feature at Generate HDL file for failed business object Lines
Cloud Readiness – Oracle Common Technologies and UX Documentation – All Releases from 19A
We can see there are new features on Approvals, Reports and Analytics and Descriptive Flex fields deployment into Unified Sandboxes.
Cloud Readiness – Workforce Rewards Documentation
Cloud Readiness – Workforce Management Documentation
Tip: Most of the listed links are release specific and have 20b in the hyperlink which is the current release where we are at. Whenever 20c comes up you can replace 20b to 20c in the hyperlink and use it instead of searching for the new links.
Latest posts by Sricharan Monigari (see all)
- Migration of Objects – Valuesets, Lookups, Fast Formula, Payroll Flows from one POD to another - November 30, 2020
- Renaming HCM Extracts is a possibility from 20D - November 24, 2020
- Sangam20 – Oracle Users Group Conference - November 23, 2020
- Passing Parameter values from Flow Instance to HDL Transformation Formula - November 23, 2020