In this article, we will figure out a way to fetch the fast formulas used for attributes in an HCM Extract.
We use the Extract Rule Fast Formulas to write calculation logic, complex logic which cannot be handled at template level, logic based on dependent attributes, etc.
While migrating the HCM Extract, we first need to migrate the fast formulas followed by HCM Extract, else the attributes which have the fast formulas will vanish after the HCM Extract import as those fast formulas will not be present in the target instance.
Getting the list of fast formulas used is a tedious process if we go through the HCM Extract manually by going through all data groups, records, etc. If we have multiple data groups and records, it would be a nightmare. The below SQL Query will come to our rescue to help us get the complete list of all fast formulas used in HCM Extract at attribute level.
SQL Query to get the list of Extract Rule Fast Formulas
SELECT pedv.definition_name HCM_EXTRACT_NAME, prb.base_block_name DATA_GROUP, prrf.flex_structure_code RECORD, ffv.formula_name FROM per_ext_data_elements_vl pedev, pay_report_records_f prrf, pay_report_blocks prb, per_ext_definitions_vl pedv, ff_formulas_vl ffv WHERE pedev.report_record_id = prrf.report_record_id AND prrf.report_block_id = prb.report_block_id AND prb.ext_definition_id = pedv.ext_definition_id --and pedv.definition_name LIKE '%Extract_Name%' AND pedv.last_updated_by NOT LIKE 'SEED%' AND ffv.formula_id = pedev.rule_id
Sample Output will look like:
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM