1,286 total views
In this article we will look into the Deeplinks feature and it’s usage in BI/OTBI Reports to directly navigate to the employee related page instead of navigating to the page, searching for the employee and opening the page.
This is a guest post by my friend Santosh Kumar Bhairi who is an expert in Oracle BI, Oracle Analytics Cloud, Fusion Reporting areas.. He also writes articles on LinkedIn and here is one of his recent article How to control Sandbox limit in Oracle Fusion Cloud environments?
- Adding these links to Sharepoint or any other third party system with SSO enabled, so the end users will have seamless access to other systems and cloud application.
- Useful for managers/HR when they get some notifications on their reportees and they can directly click the hyperlink instead of navigating the application.
- Can be used to consolidate all important links at one place in third party system . Ex: Payslips, Absences, My Team, Time Entry pages etc.
- Can be used to add shortcuts for navigation under Me or My Client Groups for any functionality like Person Spotlight, Absences, etc.
Deep Links can be accessed from Navigator > Tools > Deep Links
Once we click the Deep Links, it will show the complete list of Deep Links
We need to prepare the hyperlink using the Deep Link Object Type and the Action that can be seen in the above image.
The format would be like:
We can prepare the hyperlink manually or we can just right click and copy the link address.
Some of the Deep Links work and open up the respective pages. Some of them don’t work. Issue would be because of Classic/RUI or based on the data access for the user. There isn’t a clear documentation on the mapping for deep link and pirvileges required.
There isn’t proper documentation on passing the input values to the Deep Link to direct to the exact person page.
Now let’s look at the BI/OTBI way to achieve the direct link to the Person Management page of employees.
Steps for OTBI Report:
Construct the URL like below and the values highlighted in red are the series of parameters
Create a sample OTBI Report involving few columns including Person Id, Assignment Id and Date as these are essential for constructing and passing the variables to the deep link of Fusion Application Page. You can hide these three fields from their ‘Column Properties’.
Note: The value in ‘Date’ column will be used as Effective Date’ and so typically it has to be current date. Just select any date from the subject area and change the column formula to use NQ variable ‘current_date’ and set the format to ‘YYYY-MM-DD’.
Let’s set-up the deep link on ‘Person Number’ using the constructed URL like the above one.
1. Go to ‘Criteria’ -> ‘Person Number’ and click ‘Column Properties’ -> Interaction
2. Select ‘Action Links’ for ‘Value’
3. Copy the entire URL from above and then click ‘Define Parameters’
4. Click ‘OK’ -> ‘Results’ and click on ‘Person Number’ to navigate into Fusion Application Person Management screen and from there, you can perform various ‘Tasks’ for the selected person.
At the moment, deep links from the reporting are available up to ‘Person Management’ only and hopefully Oracle should allow more to navigate into different pages like Absence Records, Document of Records, Manage Employment, etc.
Steps for BI Publisher Report:
Let’s create a sample SQL-query to get the similar columns mentioned in the OTBI above including Person Id, Assignment Id and Date.
Create a data-model to extract Person Number, Person Name and Legal Entity. The below is a sample query which includes the columns highlighted in red are required for deep link setup:
SELECT DISTINCT --columns for deep link papf.person_id, paam.assignment_id, to_char(sysdate, 'yyyy-mm-dd') CURRENT_DATE, papf.person_number, ppnf.full_name Employee_name, entity.name legal_entity FROM per_person_secured_list_v papf, per_all_assignments_m paam, per_person_names_f ppnf, hr_organization_v org, hr_legal_entities entity WHERE 1 = 1 --assignment AND paam.effective_latest_change(+) = 'Y' AND paam.assignment_type(+) = 'E' AND paam.primary_flag(+) = 'Y' AND paam.assignment_status_type(+) = 'ACTIVE' AND sysdate BETWEEN paam.effective_start_date AND paam.effective_end_date --person name AND papf.person_id = paam.person_id AND sysdate BETWEEN papf.effective_start_date AND paam.effective_end_date AND ppnf.person_id = papf.person_id AND ppnf.name_type = 'GLOBAL' AND sysdate BETWEEN ppnf.effective_start_date AND ppnf.effective_end_date --legal entity AND paam.legal_entity_id = entity.organization_id(+)
Create a reporting using Report Layout editor and enable deep link on Person Number by selecting ‘Person Number’ column, navigate to ‘Properties’ and ‘Misc’. You will find a property ‘URL’ and paste the below:
If you are using a different ‘Group Name’ for your data-set query, replace ‘G_1’ with an appropriate one.
Click on ‘Person Number’ to navigate into Fusion Application Person Management screen and from there, you can perform various ‘Tasks’ for the selected person.
If you want Person Number column to appear as a hyperlink, change the color to light-blue color.
Tip: Deep Links is an unexplored area and there isn’t a clear documentation by Oracle in Fusion Books on which ones have the parameters enabled and which ones can be accessed directly.
If you have some great content and want to share with larger audience check tout the Contribute section and you can reach out to me on Telegram Group/LinkedIn and get your content published.
If you have worked on Deep Links in Fusion and want to share your feelings, please comment.
Latest posts by Sricharan Monigari (see all)
- Renaming HCM Extracts is a possibility from 20D - November 24, 2020
- Sangam20 – Oracle Users Group Conference - November 23, 2020
- Passing Parameter values from Flow Instance to HDL Transformation Formula - November 23, 2020
- Solve manual FTP server update issue for HCM Extracts post every P2T refresh - November 16, 2020