2,120 total views
In this post we will go through the list of Scheduled Processes, how to use, when to use and what they will do.
Some of the process list and their explanations:
Post-Conversion Processing: (1-5)
After an initial or incremental load of person records, you run a set of processes to complete data setup in the Oracle Fusion HCM environment. This is done to either create indexes or additional data based on the conversion you just did. Please ensure you are running these programs after conversion and also evaluate post go-live activities to see if you should schedule these programs to run on a daily basis.
- Update Person Search Keywords
Copies attributes of person, employment, and profile records that are used as search keywords to the PER_KEYWORDS table, where they’re indexed to improve search performance. The process updates the entire PER_KEYWORDS table.
- Synchronize Person Records
Communicates changes to person and assignment records that have occurred since the last data load to consuming applications, such as Oracle Fusion Trading Community Model and Oracle Identity Management (OIM).
- Calculate Relationship Strength
Updates stored relationship-strength information. In the Person Gallery, search results can appear in order of the strength of the relationship between the person performing the search and each person in the search results. The stronger the relationship, the nearer to the top of the results a person’s assignment appears.
- Refresh Manager Hierarchy
Populates the denormalized manager hierarchy tables with latest information after each data load. For performance reasons, the complete manager hierarchy for each person is extracted from live data tables and stored in a separate manager-hierarchy table, known as the denormalized manager hierarchy
USER AND ROLE PROVISIONING PROCESSES: (5-8)
SCHEDULING THE PROCESSES
You should run one user and role provisioning process at a time. These processes should not overlap. Please make sure your schedule allows time for the process to complete before you schedule another provisioning process.
- Send Pending LDAP Requests (Daily Ad Hoc): Bulk processing of user and role provisioning requests.
Sends bulk requests to OIM immediately to create (and also suspend or re-enable) user accounts, as appropriate. When you load person records, the application automatically creates user-account requests by default and provisions roles to users in accordance with role provisioning rules.
Before you run this process, review your data conversion fully and confirm its accuracy. If you need to purge your data and repeat the conversion, it will take much longer if you’ve created user accounts and notified users of their sign-in details. You can control aspects of the provisioning process for the enterprise by setting the User and Role Provisioning options on the Manage Enterprise HCM Information page. For example, you can suppress the automatic creation of user accounts.
This process sends to the LDAP directory the requests related to user account provisioning as well as the requests for adding and removing user roles. You typically use this to process the provisioning requests created by bulk processes as well as to process future dated requests.
This job should be scheduled at least once per day to handle any bulk or future-dated user or role provisioning requests.
This job should also be run after loading workers or users in bulk using HCM Data Loader.
- Autoprovision Roles for All Users (Ad Hoc Rarely): Evaluates roles membership for all users, including inactive.
This process evaluates all users in the system against the role provisioning rules. This process may have heavy performance impact on your environment if you run it regularly. You should run this process occasionally, only when role-provisioning rules are added or updated.
Should be run only when role mapping rules have been added or changed, and these rules apply to the entire user population.
This job does not need to be regularly scheduled as automatic role provisioning happens as part of user creation. Never expected to be used frequently on daily basis.
- Send Personal Data for Multiple Users to LDAP(Ad Hoc Rarely): Reconciles personal information changes in Oracle HCM Cloud with LDAP directory
This process synchronizes changes performed in bulk on Oracle HCM Cloud person records with the LDAP directory records. The following fields are synchronized: First Name, Last Name, Email, and Manager. You typically run this process after loading person data in bulk. You can also run this process to update the manager hierarchy in the LDAP directory.
This job is only needed after changing personal data (name, manager, email) via a bulk process such as HCM Data Loader imports.
This job should be scheduled to run once after the bulk load is complete.
- Retrieve Latest LDAP Changes (Very rarely): Updates Oracle HCM Cloud person records with data coming from LDAP directory.
This job updates the Oracle Cloud Applications Security tables with data coming from the LDAP directory. You should run this process once after the product update is completed. For example, after you upgrade from 18C to 19A.
Never expected to be used frequently on daily basis.
- Synchronize Bell Notifications (Every 2 hours): Bell Notifications to synchronize with the BPM Worklist
To move the already approved notifications from bell, there is an ESS job definition which can be scheduled to run periodically. Privilege Needed to Schedule/Execute this Job Definition is : FND_MANAGE_SCHEDULED_JOB_DEFINITION_PRIV ( This privilege rolls up to all the Family Admin Job Roles).
They will be marked as Read/moved from Pending Notifications to All Notifications immediately once the user reads them as there are no pending actions on them.
The Synchronize Bell Notifications should be scheduled for every 2 hrs. and is restricted by Development to update 500 records at a time.
- Calculate Seniority Dates(Adhoc): To calculate the seniority dates for workers based on the seniority rules configured in the application
Person Number: Enter person number
Seniority Date Code List: ORA_ESD_P,ORA_LESD_W( This values may be different based on the customer configurations– See the configuration setup data table for this information) (ORA_ESD_P, ORA_LESD_W, ORA_POSITION_SD_A)
Exclude terminated Workers: Yes
Operation: Clean And Repopulate
Setup and Maintenance > Manage Common Lookups using the Lookup Type ORA_PER_SENIORITY_ITEMS
- Synchronize Transaction Workflow Status(Daily once and Adhoc):
This process ensures that the workflow status is updated correctly in SOA and Oracle Fusion Applications
- Import User and Role Application Security Data (Daily Once) : To set up and maintain the Security Console
It copies users, roles, privileges, and data security policies from the LDAP directory, policy store, and Applications Core Grants schema to Oracle Fusion Applications Security tables. IT Security Manager : this role must to run this process.
- Importing User Login History (Daily Once) :This task runs a process that imports information about user access to Oracle Fusion Applications to the Oracle Fusion Applications Security tables
This information is required by the Inactive Users Report, which reports on users who have been inactive for a specified period.
- Optimize Person Search Keywords (Daily at times of low activity):
Optimize Person Search Keywords Index process to identify the fragmented indexes and help improve the overall search performance.
The Update Person Search Keywords process first and then the Optimize Person Search Keywords process. We cannot schedule both processes simultaneously. If you schedule them at the same time, the second process will wait for the first process to complete before it starts.
- Process and Reassign Inactive User Accounts(Daily Once):
Process that identifies inactive user accounts and removes them from their teams. It also sends notifications to members reassigned as the new team leads.
- To reflect the Flex Fields in OTBI then we need to run the below process in sequence:
- Create Rules XML File for BI Extender Automation
- Import Oracle Fusion Data Extension For Transactional Business Intelligence
Note: Should check the BI Enabled check box while creating the segments and should deploy the Flex fields.
- Generate Flexfield Database Items: (EFF / EIT only):
We should run this process after creating the flex fields and deploy successfully. Then only the Flex Fields DBI’s will available in Fast Formulas and HCM Extracts.
Note: Navigator –> Payroll Checklist –> Tasks –> Submit a process or Report –> search Generate Flexfield Database Items –> run this without selecting any LDG.
- Run Reassign Pending Approvals for Terminations and Correct Invalid Supervisor Assignments Process (Daily Once):
This process automatically reassigns the direct line reports. All direct reports are reassigned to the transferring manager’s manger as of the date following the transfer.
Reassign the line reports manually to the transferring manager’s manager during the global transfer transaction or terminated.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me by posting in comments section.
If you are interested in learning Fusion Technical tools go through this post
If you liked the article, please share it with your friends/ colleagues/ teammates or anyone who might also benefit from it.
Latest posts by Sricharan Monigari (see all)
- Renaming HCM Extracts is a possibility from 20D - November 24, 2020
- Sangam20 – Oracle Users Group Conference - November 23, 2020
- Passing Parameter values from Flow Instance to HDL Transformation Formula - November 23, 2020
- Solve manual FTP server update issue for HCM Extracts post every P2T refresh - November 16, 2020