In order to achieve the hyperlink in email body of BI Publisher Report, we need to write html code in the bursting SQL Query.
We will add the bursting query to the Data Model in the bursting query section.
Sample bursting SQL for Email delivery option:
select '1' KEY, — must be same as deliver by 'TEST' TEMPLATE,– report template name 'RTF' TEMPLATE_FORMAT,– template format 'en-US' LOCALE, 'PDF' OUTPUT_FORMAT,– output format pdf rtf text etc.. 'EMAIL' DEL_CHANNEL,– delivery channel name email,fax,print etc.. 'Test Email' OUTPUT_NAME, '[email protected]' PARAMETER1,– to mail address '[email protected]' PARAMETER2,– CC mail address '[email protected]' PARAMETER3,– from mail address 'Test Subject' PARAMETER4, — subject '<html>Hi'||' '||'xxxx'||',<br/><br/> The survey will take approximately 10 minutes. Please read each question carefully and select the response that best fits your experience.'<br/><br/> <a href=' || ”'http://www.google.com”' || '>Click here to take the Exit Survey</a><br/><br/>' Thank you,<br/>Company HR</html>' PARAMETER5, — message body 'true' PARAMETER6– attachment true/false value '[email protected]' as PARAMETER7, — reply-to mail address from dual
<a href has been used to add the hyperlink.. <br/> has been used to add new line character..
Sample Output:Trending Content
Similarly we can add an image to the email body using the below html command:
'<img src=”' || https://www.w3schools.com/images/w3schools_green.jpg || '” alt=”alternate text for image”>'
We need to upload the image to UCM and then copy the UCM hyperlink and use it in the bursting SQL.
Tip: We can do bursting for Email/FTP delivery options. The output will be burst by the split by key and will get delivered to the deliver by key values.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM