In this article, we will look into extracting the Vacation and Delegation rules from 21C update. Earlier it was not possible to extract this information as we do not have access to the backend tables which stores this information.
Oracle has provided this option from 21C release and we can extract the vacation rules and delegation rules setup by users using this report.
We can use the Employee Vacation and Delegation Rules report to view the vacation and delegation rules set by your employees in Oracle Business Process Management (BPM).
Auditors or workflow administrators can use this report to review the rules defined by the employees to delegate or reassign their workflow tasks to other users.
With this report, auditors can ensure that the defined rules comply with the organization approval policy and identify instances where workflow tasks are being delegated or reassigned to users who don’t have the requisite authority to approve the transactions. Auditors can also ensure that the rules have a proper end date that’s acceptable to the organization policy.
This report helps administrators and auditors reduce instances of fraud during approvals by preventing unauthorized approvals by employees.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the steps to run this report?
- 2 What does the report contain?
- 3 What role / privilege is required to run this Report?
- 4 Can the report be submitted from the Scheduled Processes UI?
- 5 What to check when the report shows no data?
- 6 When is the Originator Employee Details shown in the report output?
What are the steps to run this report?
Click the Submit Vacation Rules Report URL link to open the window to enter the report parameters.
All of these parameters are not mandatory. Just input the date range and select the rule status and click submit.
We will get a confirmation that the report was submitted. The submitter receives a confirmation bell notification when the report is generated and ready for download.
Clicking on the link will download the report.
As there weren’t any vacation rules configured in this instance, it did not return anything. However, if you have data, then this report will be very useful for auditing the approvals and validating the vacation/delegation rules.
What does the report contain?
The report contains the following details:
|Originator Employee Details||Information about the employee who has defined the vacation or delegation rule, such as the employee name, person number, position, job code, location and email ID.|
|Rule Details||Details of the rule defined by the employee. Includes the rule type (vacation or delegation), validity period, type of action(reassign or delegate) and the rule conditions based on which the workflow tasks will be reassigned or delegated.|
|Destination Employee Details||Information about the employee to whom the workflow tasks are reassigned or delegated. Includes the employee’s name, person number, position, job code, location, email ID and the name and person number of the employee’s manager.|
What role / privilege is required to run this Report?
- Users with Financials Application Administrator role can access the Manage Workflow Rules in Spreadsheet UI.
- Privilege details:
- Run BPM Workflow Reports
Can the report be submitted from the Scheduled Processes UI?
At this moment, the report is designed to run from Manage Workflow Rules in Spreadsheet page. If its run from Scheduled Processes, it is known to fail with below error: Exception :: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: “YYYY-MM-DD” occured in get FromDate or ToDate.
What to check when the report shows no data?
Verify if the parameters are entered correctly
- Date parameters, From date & To date default to first & last day of the current month respectively. Override if its required to see rules applicable before these dates.
- If Business Unit , Legal Entity are specified, then the report shows the rules for Employees who are assigned to the specified Business unit, Legal Entity in HCM > Person Management.
When is the Originator Employee Details shown in the report output?
The originator employee details will be displayed when the user for whom the vacation rule is created is defined as an Employee in HCM (Person Management UI) & there exists an active employee assignment.
Hope this was useful to you. Please share this with your network if you find it useful.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM