In this article we will look into how to resolve the issue with User Level timezone with the output showing a day less than the actual date.
We have a setting at the BI Administration level for Report Timezone and it’s initial default value is set to “User“ which means the individual user timezone preferences will take preference over the server timezone.
This Info can be seen under BI > Administration > Manage BI Publisher > Properties (Runtime Configuration)
Description: Valid values: User or JVM.
When set to User, BI Publisher uses the User-level Report Time Zone setting for reports. The User Report Time Zone is set in the user’s Account Settings.
When set to JVM, BI Publisher uses the server JVM timezone setting for all users’ reports. All reports therefore display the same time regardless of individual user settings. This setting can be overridden at the report level.
With this setting of “User” at server level, if you are facing an issue with report output showing a day prior, then you try setting the individual report properties to set the report timezone of JVM and it will resolve the issue. The difference in day is due to the timezone difference between the server and the user timezones. To resolve this we are going to make the report run in the server timezone.
Navigate to Report Properties > Formatting Tab, search for “Report Timezone” setting
Set the Timezone to JVM and click OK.
Save the report.
Now you should see all datetimes in server timezone and the dates would appear correctly on the output.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM