In this article we are going to learn Performance Process Flow, Performance Templates and the eligibility batch process.
This is a guest post by Priyanka More who is a Certified Oracle HCM Cloud Techno-Functional consultant with 3+ years of experience in Core HR, Time and Labor, Absence and Performance Management modules.
If you haven’t checked the previous article, please check it out to get a better understanding of the below content.
Table of Contents
- 1 Performance Process Flow
- 2 Performance Template Sections
- 3 Performance Templates
- 4 Eligibility Batch Process
Performance Process Flow
In this task we simulate our organization’s performance cycle flow. According to business requirement we can define which all tasks are needed and sequence of the tasks will also be defined here.
There are 4 sections where we define a set up for various aspects of performance process.
Section 1 – Setting Goal
In this section we will define if the performance process includes manager and worker himself setting goals and goal setting related tasks are to be enabled.
Section 2 – Worker self-evaluation and manager evaluation
This is where we define how evaluation of an employee will take place. We need to mark appropriate option(s) according to our business requirement to let manager rate employee or employee can also self-evaluate. These 2 tasks can also occur simultaneously upon marking ‘Evaluation task can be performed concurrently’.
Section 3 – Participant feedback
Here we can enable participant feedback and if feedback is enabled then we can mark options to let manager or worker add participant, track and request feedback from her/him.
Section 4 – Approval, Review and meetings
Here we can define if we need final feedback from worker and manager. We can also define notifications and acknowledgement regarding the review meetings held between manager and worker along with approvals of performance document.
According to options we mark here, the tasks will get populated on the next tab ‘Task names’ where we can put their sequence number and define how their names get displayed to manager and employee.
Performance Template Sections
In this task we have to create a section for each task that we have included through task ‘Process Flow’ previously. Which and how many sections need to be created depend upon the tasks that we set up in process flow.
For example, if we have Manager final feedback task (mark ‘Include manager provide final feedback task’ in Process Flow) then we need to have a section for it with Section type as Manager final feedback or if we have ‘Set goals‘ task then we need to have either profile content or performance goals/development goals section.
Please refer below screenshot for sample section on Goals along with field descriptions-
- Section type- Performance Goals:
We need to create this section when we have at least one of the following tasks included in our process flow- Goal setting, Worker Self-Evaluation, Manager Evaluations of Worker.
- Section Rating Model:
The rating model we select here will be used by Managers and/or Employees in respective Evaluations tasks. The properties we set up in the section following this i.e., Rating calculations will be used while determining the calculated ratings for the section.
- Comments and weighting:
We can enable comments and weighting for the section. When we enable weighting, we need to make sure that summation of all the sections is 100.
- Item processing:
This section determines set up for content items for the section we are creating and the kind of content items to include in the section depends upon its section type. For example, here, our section type is Performance goals so Performance goals are our content items which we can pull directly from Employee (goal plan) or we can add separately by marking ‘Use specific content items’ option and adding them in Content items section.
- Ratings and calculations:
For ratings and calculations section of items processing; we need to choose rating type and rating model to be used. As in our example we have used Performance goals section type hence the rating type will auto-populate as Performance; same as in case of Development goals section type. For rating model of an item, we can either choose from drop-down or opt to use same rating model as the section.
In Properties section of content items processing; we can set up various properties regarding the content items as below
◊ Weight and minimum weight for content items: By marking minimum weight option, we can make weights to be editable in performance document for manager.
◊ Required: For item to be non-removable from performance document.
◊ Target proficiency level : Target proficiency level is displayed for the content items from employee profile selected under ‘Section content’ section.
◊ Target performance rating: Target performance rating can be marked to let manager select the target performance rating for items in the performance document.
Please refer Content Tab (from Performance document template) for better understanding of rating type and target proficiency level.
In this task we gather and interlink all the elements we created so far.
It has 6 tabs and each of which is has significance as below:
Here we first give general details like E.g., Name, description etc. and document type we created in auxiliary part.
Also, we can map eligibility profile here to determine eligible employees for performance documents created through this performance template.
In participation section we can add the performance roles we created in previously with minimum number of participants required for each of the role we add. For example, we have Participant feedback task in our process and if we add 2 against participant type performance role then manager can add minimum of 2 participants for the task.
Here we set up process flow related properties.
- In alerts section, for each task we can send alert if not completed within specified days.
- In Rating Calculations section, we can set up if calculation of ratings is required and to which performance roles it is required to be displayed.
- In Processing option section, we can set display/inclusion options for multiple elements like feedback notes, start ratings, etc.
- In Participant Options section, we can set up if participant feedback is mandatory and if worker can see the participant added by his performance document manager or HR administration.
- This particular section is important when our requirement includes matrix manager as a participant to have matrix manager of the employee as a participant in performance process, from Core-HR perspective prerequisite is to have matrix managers defined i.e. there should be at least one other type of manager (other that line manager) in lookup PER_SUPERVISOR_TYPE. And from Performance management perspective we need to create corresponding Performance role and mark ‘Auto populate matrix managers of the worker as participants’ in this section.
In this tab, the sections we created through task Performance Sections are populated and for each section we can set up below properties; some of which are auto-populated from Template sections task:
- Rating model
- Calculation rules
- Weight of the section
- Content items (goals or specific once added)
- Performers on the section and rights/access they have
In this tab we select a section and can load contents from that section by using button ‘Load Items from Section’. We can also add specific content items here by clicking ‘+’.
You can see as our section is of type competencies; for each content item we can select Target proficiency level here from Proficiency Level model chosen.
Document Period Tab
In this tab we create a document period by mapping it to review period. We can create one or more document periods in same template and to each we have to map an eligibility profile.
Please note that the eligibility profile can be added to either template level (general tab) and at period level (document periods tab).
In this tab, we can also add interim documents to be used in later evaluations e.g. we can add Quarterly evaluation documents as an interim document in an Annual evaluation document so comments and/or ratings from Quarterly Evaluation document can be referred in Annual Evaluations.
We can also set due dates for each task here and map questionnaire that can be used for participant feedback.
This tab is where we get to review our responses through all the previous tabs.
Eligibility Batch Process
Once all the above set up is done, HR admin will need to run ‘Eligibility Batch Process’ which will refer the document period eligibility profile to create a performance document for employees satisfying the eligibility criteria and also complying data role of HR/person running the batch process.
Please see below the details that need to be filled:
- Batch process type– Assign Performance Document
- Effective date – Current date or specific date as per requirement
- Performance document name and Dates– If we select a Performance document type then the Performance document start date and end dates would get populated accordingly. Or if we don’t select Performance document type, then the two date fields are mandatory to be selected.
- Create eligible performance document-Yes
- Purge Historic Performance Management Eligibility Status Data– Yes
This feature is introduced in 20D, with which we can delete previous performance management data that is created every time this process is run. By doing this we are deleting the unnecessary data from application table resulting into increased performance of the application.
Once the process is successful, the performance document will be available to managers, workers and participants in their Evaluations page according the process flow defined and performers mentioned on templates.
This concludes the compete setup of a Performance Document in performance management module. Hope this helps you.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM