In this article we will look into how to get the list of all reports in a folder. If we need the complete list of custom reports, then we can run this on the /Shared Folders/Custom folder.
Many times, we would need the list of custom reports in a folder and there is no easy way to get this list as we don’t have the backend tables where we can run a query against to get the complete list.
If there are some 10 integrations that you have developed and you will have to fill in the migration form now. You need to get the complete list of the report paths for data model and BI reports and then fill in manually.
There is a feature to get the list of BI Reports in XML format. Then you can either copy paste directly from XML or you can import it to Excel and then use it as per your need.
You would need BI Admin access to use this feature.
Navigate to Reports and Analytics by clicking on Tools > Reports and Analytics or directly by adding /analytics to the POD link
Once you are on the BI Catalog page, click on the Administration link at the right top.
I have selected /Shared Folders/Human Capital Management/Payroll Folder as I am interested in looking at all the seeded Payroll Reports.
Once you click OK, it will process and download an XML file with all details in that folder.
The XML file can be opened in IE or Notepad and it looks like:
You can open this XML file in Excel for importing it as XML Table.
In Excel, File > Open > Browse and navigate to the XML path and select the XML file and click OK.
This is how we will export the list of BI Reports in a specific folder
Tip: We can use this approach to get the list of reports. Very useful in cases where we need the complete list of reports that were built for a client or when we want to check for seeded reports for a module.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM