As we all know that PBL (Payroll Batch Loader) is getting decommissioned by Oracle from 20C release. Client PODs are currently on 20A and some of them are getting 20B on their TEST PODs now. So in another four months from now, the 20C would be available and with it the PBL era would end. For the new clients provisioned from 20A, the PBL is by default decommissioned, so they cannot use it till 20C also. Oracle is doing it with a plan to have single data loader for all business objects. I don’t see any harm in having multiple loaders though.
As per the latest update, the PBL will be decommissioned by 20D release and not the 20C release. However it is better not to wait until that time to move your migrations as you have to test the integrations with HDL as I learnt that there are issues with HDL transformation formula. https://fusionhcmknowledgebase.com/2020/04/new-deadline-for-payroll-batch-loader-20d-nov-2020/
Many clients have built inbound interfaces using the PBL Transformation Formula which would transform the input flat file data and load them into the business objects. Use cases being loading element entries into Fusion from third party benefit providers/element entries with the time data from third party time collection systems. They used to automate the process using payroll flow and some scripting.
Now with 20C all these integrations will fail until the clients realize this and re-create the HDL transformation formula to achieve the requirement.
HDL Transformation Formula has been introduced since 19C and is still in nascent stage with lot of people trying to achieve the functionality they have implemented in PBL.
Will come up with a detailed example on HDL Transformation Formula soon. Till then go through the details on Oracle documentation and skim through the samples available on the above links.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me by posting in comments section.
If you are interested in learning Fusion Technical tools go through this post
If you liked the article, please share it with your friends/ colleagues/ teammates or anyone who might also benefit from it.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM