In this article we will look into how to download and install the BI Publisher Plugin for Microsoft Word and Excel. This plugin will be used to develop RTF/XLS templates for BI Publisher reports to get the output in different formats like pdf, html, xls, xlsx, ppt, etc.
Table of Contents
Steps to install BI Publisher:
2. Locate the download that meets your requirements:
• Choose your version of MS Word: 32 bit or 64 bit
• Choose your version of BI Publisher
3. Accept and download the .exe file.
4. Run the .exe file and install the plugin. Before installing make sure all office applications like word, excel are closed.
IMPORTANT: Confirm you have the compatible .exe file for your device type.
5. Open Microsoft Word. You will now see a BI Publisher Tab available in Word.
6. Click on the BI Publisher tab in Word and Select Sample xml.
7. Upload the xml file you have saved to your desktop (It can be generated from the Data model by clicking on the Export button)
8. In the MS Word document, begin creating your template. Click on BI Publisher again and choose FIELD from the INSERT section. A template pop-up will display usable Offer Fields.
9. In the document, click the location where the field will appear. In the pop-up, double-click on the field to insert the field into your document.
BI Publisher Info:
When the Publisher Desktop Utility is properly installed it will contain two folders:
The Oracle folder will contain:
The Oracle USA folder will contain TBAddInSetup. TBAddInSetup will contain the .dlls, tlbs, manifest, vsto, and exe files.
The BI Installation will install two packages..
- Template Builder
- Template Viewer
This Will be used for building the RTF and Excel templates. Will be present on the Word and Excel as ribbon.
Will be used to test the etext templates. Will be present at the path – C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\BI Publisher\BI Publisher Desktop\TemplateViewer
Documentation help for developing templates can be found at the below path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\BI Publisher\BI Publisher Desktop\Template Builder for Word\doc
Sample Templates are also provided during the BI Installation at C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\BI Publisher\BI Publisher Desktop\Template Builder for Word\samples path.
Sample XML, rtf and output is provided for all samples provided.
Hope this helps when you have a requirement to install the BI Publisher plugin for word and excel.If you like the content, please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to get updated with the latest content.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM