In this article we will look how to bulk add/delete roles for users using HDL. I have got a few requests for this article from consultants working in Finace/ERP workstream.
We have a business object User.dat which is used to create users with person numbers or modify the existing user information. We cannot load users using this HDL without person number. Users without person numbers can be created using SCIM REST API.
Here we will look into how to add/remove roles to users.
METADATA|UserRole|PersonNumber|RoleCommonName|AddRemoveRole MERGE|UserRole|977916612|FA_ASSET_ACCOUNTING_MANAGER_JOB|ADD MERGE|UserRole|009784598|PER_EMPLOYEE_ABSTRACT|REMOVE
Once you prepare this file save it as User.dat (Case Sensitive), zip it (Any name would work for zip file) and upload it on My Client Groups > Data Exchange > Import and Load Data screen.
Human Capital Management Integration Specialist role is required to access this Import and Load Data screen.
Once the file is imported and loaded successfully, requests would be created to add/remove roles to users. We need to run the process “Send Pending LDAP Requests” in order to get them reflected in security console for users.
Navigate to Tools > Scheduled Processes
Search for and submit the “Send Pending LDAP Requests“
Wait till the process is complete.
Now the users should have the new roles added/deleted as per the HDL file loaded.
Hope this helps when you have requirement to bulk load roles.
Top 10 Popular Posts from our Knowledgebase
- DataFusing FREE Cloud based SQL Developer like tool for Oracle Cloud
- Core HR Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for HCM Cloud
- Most Frequently used Document IDs from Oracle Support
- FREE Oracle Training & Accreditation with Oracle Learning Explorer
- How HDL Transformation Formula works with ElementEntry Sample
- FREE Oracle Fusion Demo Instance (VISION) Access
- Top 10 FREE useful tools for Fusion Consultants
- Learning Fusion HCM Technical Skillset
- Sample HCM Data Loader (HDL) files for all Business Objects
- Most frequently used Tables list in Fusion HCM